Become a Host
It’s easy and it’s fun. Almost any organization can host any event! Just run an event that focuses on explaining or showing the joy of an Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics element.
We Bring the Festival to You
Organizations, school districts, individuals, and businesses throughout Maryland are encouraged to register STEM events and become Event Hosts.
Each Maryland STEM Festival (MSF) Host is responsible for planning & executing the registered event including the format and content of the event. Interactive, hands-on events designed to engage the audience, are encouraged. Qualified events may include previously conducted events offered during the MSF time period, October 26th through November 11th, 2018.
- Event should be located in Maryland or, if an online event, designed for a Maryland audience.
- Event must occur during the designated MSF week. Events that begin prior to the MSF time frame but culminate during the MSF week are also acceptable.
- Events should be, to the extent possible, interactive & hands-on events designed to engage the audience.
- Event should be free and accessible to the public. Nominal admission fees may be acceptable for non-profits whose admission fee is the main source of revenue. Other exceptions must be approved in advance.
- Event needs to include one or more of the STEM fields as a significant component
- Host accepts responsibility for the event, including cost, organization, content, staffing, etc.
- Hosts agree to register & promote the event as an official MSF event an include the MSF logo in all advertising & promotional signage associated with the registered event.
- Hosts are encouraged to provide attendees with opportunities to further pursue knowledge about the event topic.
What we do for you
Increase the Outreach of Your Organization
By joining the Festival, your organization will become part of a statewide network of STEM program providers, supporters, and connections that continue to grow each year. MSF serves as an advocate and hub, creating a unified effort to promote and increase awareness of and interest in STEM throughout the state.
Benefits Organizations Receive
- Inclusion on our website and in our published MSF program
- Promotion to the extent possible through our social media blogs and podcasts
- Festival package containing posters, banners, t-shirts, hats and more
- Use of MSF logos, letterhead and templates
- Regular updates on Festival activities
Register Your Event
Submissions must be in by Sept. 20 to be included in the published program.