Maryland STEM Festival Student Ambassadors are a group of High and Middle School students, along with their parents and teachers, who support the Festival’s mission by spreading the word about Festival programs and events in their communities. The Ambassador program provides students the opportunity to work together and gain valuable leadership, organizational and social skills, all while helping to increase public awareness of STEM in their own community. This is a exciting way to earn services hours!
Attend a mandatory Virtual orientation at 6 pm on August 30th. The orientation will include a discussion with current Student Ambassadors
Dedicate 10-12 hours from September through November to promoting the Maryland STEM Festival
As an Ambassador, you and your fellow group members help to spread the word about Festival programs:
- At your school – Hang posters, distribute Festival literature and swag, share information with STEM clubs and programs, host an MSF info table during lunch, present to your school leaders and PTA, make school announcements and send a letter home, etc.
- At a lower-level school – Ask the teachers and adminstrators at the middle or elementary school you attended if you can promote the Festival there. If they approve, hang posters, distribute Festival literature, prepare a letter to be sent home.
- In the community – share with peers and parents at after-school clubs and activities, at your local library, in your faith community
- On social media – use your influence to share @MdSTEMFest 2023 content and post picture of your ambassador work on your social media accounts.
Ambassadors are required to attend one Festival event, take pictures and get feedback from attendees.
Additional Ambassador Opportunities
We are also looking for ambassadors to post once a week to the Festival's social media platforms through the year.
As a thank you, active Ambassadors will receive the following benefits:
- Recognition on the Maryland STEM Festival Ambassador Webpage and at certain Festival Events
- A digital media toolkit to assist with promotions, including draft emails, letters and social media content.
- Free Maryland STEM Festival Swag including Festival Hats, Shirts, Posters and More
- Community service hours.
- Connections with students around Maryland.
- Valuable Leadership and Community Engagement Experience
- Our Eternal Gratitude!!
To learn more about the program or become an Ambassador, e-mail Phil at email@example.com