About the Maryland STEM Festival Ambassador Program
Maryland STEM Festival Ambassadors are a group of High School students, along with their parents and teachers, who support the Festival’s mission by spreading the word about Festival programs and events in their communities. The Ambassador program provides students the opportunity to work together and gain valuable leadership, organizational and social skills, all while helping to increase public awareness of STEM in their own community.
As an Ambassador, you and your fellow group members help to spread the word about Festival programs in your community through:
- Social media posts promoting upcoming Festival events
- Hanging posters or flyers around your community promoting upcoming Festival events
- Sharing information about Festival events with other students, teachers and administrators at your school
- Assist with the running of Festival events
Apart from these general tasks, Ambassadors can help with other tasks that focus more specifically on tasks that touch on their areas of interest, such as:
- Recruit new ambassadors from around Maryland
- Update and manage the Maryland STEM website
- Review and assess website and social media analytics
- Write articles for our website and quarterly newsletters
Assemble our annual report.
- Organizing our YT channel and organizing our videos
Developing Event Content/Ideas
Recruit hosts/presenters including for events & podcasts
Create Flyers and Videos
Create and implement Fundraising ideas and programs such as goFundme
As a thank you, active Ambassadors will receive the following benefits:
- Recognition on the Maryland STEM Festival Ambassador Webpage and at certain Festival Events
- Free Festival Hats, Shirts, Posters and More
- Earn community service hours.
- Invitation to a special Sponsor/Ambassador Event in 2021.
To learn more about the program or become an Ambassador, e-mail Phil at email@example.com
Catherinne Garcia Sanchez