Become a Host
It’s easy and it’s fun. Almost any organization, group, company or individual can host any event! Just run an event that focuses on explaining or showing the joy of an Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics element.
We Bring the Festival to You
Each Maryland STEM Festival (MSF) Host is responsible for planning & executing the registered event including the format and content of the event. Interactive, hands-on events designed to engage the audience, are encouraged. Qualified events may include previously conducted events offered during the MSF time period, October 13th through November 11th, 2022..
- Event should be located in Maryland or, if an online event, designed for a Maryland audience.
- Event must occur during the designated MSF timeframe . Events that begin prior to the MSF time frame but culminate during the MSF week are also acceptable.
- Events should be, to the extent possible, interactive & hands-on events designed to engage the audience.
- Event should be free and accessible to the public. Nominal admission fees may be acceptable for non-profits whose admission fee is the main source of revenue. Other exceptions must be approved in advance.
- Event needs to include one or more of the STEM fields as a significant component
- Host accepts responsibility for the event, including cost, organization, content, staffing, etc.
- Hosts agree to register & promote the event as an official MSF event and include the MSF logo in all advertising & promotional signage associated with the registered event.
- Hosts are encouraged to provide attendees with opportunities to further pursue knowledge about the event topic.
- Hosts are encouraged to follow current CDC and state guidelines regarding health.
What we do for you
Increase the Outreach of Your Organization
By joining the Festival, your organization will become part of a statewide network of STEM program providers, supporters, and connections that continue to grow each year. MSF serves as an advocate and hub, creating a unified effort to promote and increase awareness of and interest in STEM throughout the state.
Benefits Organizations Receive
- Inclusion on our website
- Promotion to the extent possible through our social media, blogs and podcasts
- Festival package containing posters, banners, t-shirts, hats and more
- Use of MSF logos, letterhead and templates
- Regular updates on Festival activities
We have create a Host guide to help make your role as a Host easier or more successful.