We Bring the Festival to You
The Maryland STEM Festival, Inc. (MSF) has been established to operate the Festival. The mission of the Festival is to encourage all students regardless of background and experience to take a greater interest in STEM with the hope they will pursue a STEM related/focused career.
The MSF works for an entire year recruiting as many organizations as it can to participate in the Festival, such as libraries, museums, public and private schools, colleges, universities, government agencies and private companies.
What is STEM?
While some see STEM in a very narrow light, MSF sees STEM in the broadest of terms. We see it including all areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. That means, it may include robotics, agriculture, architecture, manufacturing, biotechnology, zoology, construction or cybersecurity. We see STEM in every aspect of life. We feel many people do not realize all the ways they interact with STEM.
Maryland STEM Festival Spotlight
The 2022 Festival will take place from October 14th through November 13th. We have chosen Cybersecurity and Information Technology as our 2022 theme. These are very large and diverse segments of the Maryland economy. It can take from several months to twelve years of schooling to enter these careers. Join us as we explore many of these fields and careers during this year’s Festival.
The Maryland STEM Festival Board of Directors include:
- Phil Rogofsky, Founder and Executive Director
- Erin Gambrill, Frederick County Public Library, President
- Tim Cashman, Treasurer
- Kaylin Galindo, Assistant to Executive Director
- Weida Stoecker Maryland Department of Agriculture
- Winston DeLattiboudere Delmock Technologies
- Mark Stephens iheartMedia
- Landi James Food and Drug Adminstration
- Patty Alvarez University of Maryland Baltimore
- Andrew Wahba Miles & Stockbridge
- Tammy Shay
- Kenneth Bayton, Under Armour
- Matt Scassero, U of MD Director of Operations and Outreach
- Jeremy Treadwell, Treadwell Agency
- Jeffery GAO , Student Board Member
- Chelsea ,Onuekwusi, Student Board Member